Window position error on Sierra

We’re setting DropDMG up to work with our Jenkins build system and are getting the following error on our test build machine running Sierra:

Error: The mounted disk image window did not have the correct window position.

The same Layout worked just fine on my development laptop. On the build machine, during the making of the DMG, you can see the DMG window open up several times and close as if it’s trying to find the right position for it. Then DropDMG gives up and shows the error.

Suggestions? Thanks!

For reasons I don’t understand, sometimes the Finder doesn’t properly save the position of the window. DropDMG will remount and fix the position a number of times to try to make sure that it sticks, but eventually it will give up and report the error. Sometimes this can be caused by installing haxies that modify the Finder, though I kind of doubt you’ve done that on your Jenkins Mac.

In most cases, the window’s position is only off by a pixel or two, so you could simply use this Terminal command:

defaults write com.c-command.DropDMG LayouterCheckWindowPosition NO

to tell DropDMG not to complain about it.

Hello,

sorry for reviving this old thread but suggested answer has no effect. I’ve tried with sudo and without sudo, but result is still the same. One in like 5 builds throws this error. I am running on MacBook Air 13-inch, retina, macOS Mojave, DropDMG 3.5.5

Any suggestions?

The next time this happens, please send in a diagnostic report.

Hi, same error. Diagnostic report is included.

Could you please post the text of the error message that you are getting? How do the disk image’s contents look to you?

Running "exec:macDmg" (exec) task
mkdir -p "builds/Seznam.cz/mac/nwjs0.37.4/dist" && dropdmg -t --internet-enabled --custom-icon --format=zlib --destination="builds/Seznam.cz/mac/nwjs0.37.4/dist" --base-name="Seznam.cz-dev-nwjs0.37.4-5.5.0-834809.dmg" --signing-identity="xxx" --layout-folder="./MacPackaging/DropDMG/Layouts/Seznam" --license-folder="./MacPackaging/DropDMG/Licenses/Seznam" "builds/Seznam.cz/mac/nwjs0.37.4/Seznam.cz.app";
>> Error: The mounted disk image window did not have the correct window size.
>> Exited with code: 1.
>> Error executing child process: Error: Process exited with code 1.
Warning: Task "exec:macDmg" failed. Use --force to continue.

In previous post I did attach diagnostic report.

The diagnostic report does not include the error details. Could you copy and paste from the drawer in DropDMG’s main window?

Is your goal to ignore the error because you’re happy with the window size?

screenshot:

My goal is simple, works it every time, because actually is building randomly successfull.

The reason the suggestion in this post didn’t work is that it’s for telling DropDMG to ignore the window position, whereas you are getting an error about the window size. There is a different Terminal command in the error message (or just click here) for if you want to tell DropDMG not to check the window size.

You could also this link to enable some debug logging that will show up in future diagnostic reports.

We have gitlab-ci runner, and ofcourse, on the previous line is command:

defaults write com.c-command.DropDMG LayouterCheckWindowPosition NO;

Running with gitlab-runner 12.0.2 (d0b76032)
  on sBrowser Build MacBook Air 4dac885d
Using Shell executor...
Running on Vyvoj-MacBook-Air.local...
Fetching changes...
Reinitialized existing Git repository in /Users/vyvoj/builds/4dac885d/0/software/browser/.git/
Checking out e7f64e37 as dev...

Removing builds/

Skipping Git submodules setup

$ osascript -e 'tell application "Finder" to close windows'; defaults write com.c-command.DropDMG LayouterCheckWindowPosition NO;

$ node --version

v12.6.0
$ npm --version

$ git --version

git version 2.20.1 (Apple Git-117)
$ git lfs --version

git-lfs/2.7.2 (GitHub; darwin amd64; go 1.12.4; git 08a08ae0)

Running "exec:macDmg" (exec) task
mkdir -p "builds/Seznam.cz/mac/nwjs0.37.4/dist" && dropdmg -t --internet-enabled --custom-icon --format=zlib --destination="builds/Seznam.cz/mac/nwjs0.37.4/dist" --base-name="Seznam.cz-dev-nwjs0.37.4-5.5.0-807286.dmg" --signing-identity="xxx" --layout-folder="./MacPackaging/DropDMG/Layouts/Seznam" --license-folder="./MacPackaging/DropDMG/Licenses/Seznam" "builds/Seznam.cz/mac/nwjs0.37.4/Seznam.cz.app";
>> Error: The mounted disk image window did not have the correct window size.
>> Exited with code: 1.
>> Error executing child process: Error: Process exited with code 1.
Warning: Task "exec:macDmg" failed.a Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.
ERROR: Job failed: exit status 1

Sorry last post,

I try LayouterDoubleCheckWindowSize, now