EagleFiler 1.9.3

Version 1.9.3 of EagleFiler is now available.

This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:

• The Merge Mailboxes/Message Files command now works on heterogeneous selections, e.g. so that you can add a lone .eml file to an existing mailbox. This will preserve any tags or notes that you’ve added.
  • Improved importing of Web pages from various publications.
  • When importing from Evernote, if you’ve added a title to a note that contains a single attached file, EagleFiler now preserves that title when unpacking the attachment.
  • Made some optimizations to improve the performance of importing large numbers of small files at once.
  • The capture key now works in Reeder 5.
  • When capturing from Outlook, EagleFiler now helps you to download messages that were only partially downloaded from the server so that they can be fully imported into EagleFiler.
  • If there’s an error capturing from Outlook, EagleFiler now reports which message was the source of the error.
  • When capturing e-mail messages, EagleFiler now hides the progress window immediately when the capture is done.
  • EagleFiler now maintains its own error log file, so you can still access information for troubleshooting when the macOS system log isn’t working properly.
  • Added the Import From Apple Mail (Plain Text) script.
  • The software updater reports a more useful error message if you try to update EagleFiler while running it from the disk image. This should prevent confusion where you continue running an old version despite telling it to update.
  • Worked around an encoding bug in Apple Mail that could cause message data to be altered when using the Import From Apple Mail script.
  • Fixed a bug where importing a folder would sometimes add tags from OpenMeta to the wrong files.
  • Fixed a bug where tag syncing during an import could cause a hang.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause metadata loss if you moved a record’s container while it was being imported.
  • Fixed a bug where the record viewer could have the wrong width when opening the window at a small size.
  • Fixed a bug where the source list outline view might be too narrow when re-opening a library.
  • Fixed a bug where the source list width wasn’t always properly saved, which could mess up hiding and showing that pane.
  • Fixed a bug where undoing extracting a message from a mailbox required two undos instead of one.
  • Fixed an internal error when viewing a message in a mailbox whose file was missing.
  • Fixed a bug where a damaged Microsoft Word file could cause EagleFiler to import some bad metadata that would prevent it from being able to save its database.
  • Fixed a bug where EagleFiler would crash when trying to share a message from a missing mailbox file on macOS 11.

EagleFiler 1.9.3 works with macOS 10.12 through 11.2. Older EagleFiler versions are available for older versions of macOS. In-depth information about EagleFiler is available in the manual.

1 Like

Hello,
Any indcation about a release of a completely Apple M1 Silicon native application (EF)?
Many thanks.

The indexer, which is one of the most processor intensive parts, is already native on Apple Silicon Macs, and my experience is that the rest of the app runs well in Rosetta. The full app will be native in EagleFiler 2.0.

That’s fine, any (rough) ETA for v2.x?

… simply hate to use translated apps when it’s possible to have native ones. For now only Forklift3 and maybe EFv1 would be “Intel”/Rosetta2 and not “Apple”/ARM64.

Cheers!

Sorry, but I’m not announcing dates right now. There’s a lot to do, and I don’t know what road blocks will appear along the way. If you would like, I can let you know when it’s ready for beta testing.

Yes for the beta-testing, please.

Hello,

You can also add me for the 2.x M1 beta testing… :slight_smile:

Regards,

Angelo

1 Like

I’d also like to be included in the Beta, please

I feel adventurous, so I’d like to try the m1 native beta too please. That is, of course, if there is still space available

Hi Michael and thanks for the great support. I would be happy to join the 2.0 beta list!

You can also add me for the 2.x M1 beta testing

1 Like

And me please for the keen to join the 2.0 beta :smile: