Just updated SpamSieve and not working

I just updated SpamSieve yesterday and all I keep on getting is that it is not working and takes me through steps which I have done…in Mac Mail SpamSieve is checked under rules and it is also in the Full disk access area…so what is happening? How can I get it to work?
Mail version Version 14.0 (3654.20.0.2.21)
SpamSieve 2.9.41
Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29)
Thanks

Have you enabled the plug-in? Do you see the SpamSieve commands in Apple Mail’s Message menu?

Yes, I have enabled the plug-in…

I can see by other threads that there are issues with the new Mac OS Big Sur…

I just tried to uninstall and reinstall but it isn’t showing up in plugins at all now in apple mail :frowning:

Did you see the SpamSieve commands in Apple Mail’s Message menu when it was enabled?

There’s a known issue related to Apple Mail training on an Apple Silicon Mac. I’m not aware of any issues on Big Sur that prevent the filtering from working or that needlessly “takes me through steps which I have done.” So please be more specific about exactly what error messages you are seeing.

Please see If the Apple Mail Plug-In Doesn’t Appear in the List or Doesn’t Stay Enabled.

If there are still issues, you could send in a diagnostic report. Please do not make any other changes to Mail or SpamSieve, as that would invalidate any information that you’ve already reported.

just sent you the diagnostics…from patricia

Thanks. It looks like Mail is set to load plug-ins but that you need to choose Install Apple Mail Plug-In from the SpamSieve menu before you enable it.

I have done this and mail doesn’t show up in the Rules section…so doesn’t work…Bundles doesn’t show up in library either…is there someway that I can just totally deleted SpamSieve and then proceed as if it is a new install? I don’t want to go messing with the Terminal and Utilities as I don’t want to have a situation where I lose information in my mail as this is critical to my business.

I’m not sure what this is referring to. Could you be more specific? If you mean the SpamSieve rule in Step 4, that is something that you need to set up yourself after the plug-in has been enabled and you see the SpamSieve commands in Mail’s Message menu.

Could you tell me which step you are trying to follow here? Is the problem that you still don’t see SpamSieve.mailbundle in the Manage Plug-ins… sheet? If so, please send a new diagnostic report.

Deleting SpamSieve won’t help because the problem is somewhere in Mail’s files.

Tried it one more time and voila It worked…so fingers crossed!

1 Like