Leopard, followed AppleMail plugin reinstall but not working

Train As Good seems to be working but not Train As Spam.

Damn, I’m too tired. I wrote the opposite of what I wanted to write (you could read it in the second part of that sentence :slight_smile:

“Train as good” works fine!!! It moves the trained email back to the inbox (as set up).

Michael,

Console is not reporting any errors on Train as Good. That appears to be working.

What does the /Applications/Utilities/Console application say when you train a message as spam?

That’s normal.

In my case:

29.10.07 21:56:32 Mail[228] An exception was thrown during execution of an NSScriptCommand…
29.10.07 21:56:32 Mail[228] Could not create mailbox with name:Spam. Reason:Mailbox „~/Library/Mail/Mailboxes/Spam.mbox“ already exists.

I believe. Just wanted to report that, because at least something happened …

What happens if you use “SpamSieve - Change Settings” to pick a different name for the mailbox, e.g. “TrainedSpam”?

Also, please try running the attached script in Script Editor (instead of choosing “Train as Spam” from the menu) and see whether it works any better.

Works. It moves the trained email to “TrainedSpam”.

In the rule for SpamSieve it still says “Move to SPAM”, though. The same after restarting Mail.

Ah, and using the script also worked fine here. It moved the email in my “Spam” folder.

Yes,

Just restarted, and reinstalled the apple scripts via spam sieve before starting mail, and I get the same error.

That’s normal, since the “Change Settings” command affects where trained spam messages are moved, whereas the rule is for moving the incoming messages that have been automatically classified as spam.

Really? I would have expected that it would move the messages to the “TrainedSpam” folder if you’d already run “Change Settings.”

Do you mean that you re-installed the plug-in?

What happens if you use “SpamSieve - Change Settings” to pick a different name for the mailbox, e.g. “TrainedSpam”?

Yea, sorry, I meant the plug in, under the spamsieve menu.

I found the problem in the meantime. I had 2.6.2 and not 2.6.4. Oh happy day :slight_smile:

Yeah, I think to the (original) “Spam” folder. But as I mentioned before, I was very tired last night :slight_smile:

And this wonderful new morning brought the solution I think. Based on your idea to create a new folder, I just erased my original “Spam” folder, did “Spamsieve - change settings” and set up a folder called “Spam” again. Seems to work fine. All I had to do was re-activate the SpamSieve rule and set the “Spam” folder as destination again; I guess it’s getting deactivated automatically if the folder is missing.

Thanks alot for your very quick help. Highly appreciated.

Best regards from Hamburg,
Christophe

… and by the way, the training scripts work a lot faster than in Mail under Tiger. Must be a Leopard (or Mail 3.0) improvement, since I did not change my SpamSieve configuration.

Interesting, everything works fine on my MacBook but NOT on my new iMac.

Multiple Leopard Problems
I have two machines. One (Mac Book Pro) Where SS is working ok with occational problems. Growl is even working.

However on my Mac Pro it will not work, Growl will not work and I even think they have crash, locked, the machine one. The reason I think this is that I was stable and the only thing I changed was reinstalling the mail plug for SS.

This is wierd.

Have you tried uninstalling Growl’s mailbundle? It’s not needed if you have SpamSieve, anyway.

Yes that’s it : repostion the SpamSieve rules !

tried to fix the same item with** not detecting spams before inbox** this beautiful morning long !!
Thankx for the essential hint to** reposition the SpamSieve rule on top**.

Now I am going to make my day again!

greetings from sweden
$regs ray