I’ve just migrated my data from TM backup to a new computer, after the drive failed on the old one. I’ve upgraded from Catalina to Monterey in one hit.
Setting up Mail is proving a challenge. It involves installing SpamSieve and MailSuite. The latter has gone ok. But Mail keeps rejecting SpamSieve. Here’s how the dance goes:
- launch Mail
- go to settings / General / Manage plugins
- MailSuite is checked and SpamSieve isn’t
- check SpamSieve and tap button to relaunch Mail
- shortly after Mail quits I get this window:
- Mail then relaunches and pops up a dialogue saying the MailTags are out of sync with the messages
- Mail proceeds to reindex tags
- then Mail opens as it should
Thereafter on every relaunch of Mail (with or without attempting to enable SpamSieve), all of the above steps will play out all over again. And so on ad infinitum.
I’ve checked ~/Library/Mail/Bundles. It contains MailSuite only. But SpamSieve still appears (unchecked) in Mail’s ‘Manage Plug-ins’.
Where to now?