OmniFocus to EagleFiler?

Some years ago I made the mistake of using OmniFocus to store miscellaneous bits of information (e.g., books to read).

Now I want to rectify this mistake by moving all this reference material to EagleFiler. I would like each task to be an entry in Eaglefiler. I would like the project and tags to become tags. And I would like the notes field imported. However, if all I could get was the task and the note filed I would be happy.

But I can’t figure out how to do it. I can export the OmniFocus tasks in bulk as text, html, or csv but that just results in a single Eaglefiler entry with the file in it. Dragging and dropping directly from Eaglefiler results in an OmniFocus link that Eaglefiler can’t import. The Eaglefiler capture key doesn’t work either.

Any ideas on how to get this done?

Much Thanks,

Mark

I think this would need to be done using AppleScript. I’ll see if I can write something this week.

Wonderful! Many Thanks.

Please try the new public beta version of EagleFiler. With this version, you can select actions in OmniFocus and press the capture key to import them into EagleFiler.

It works perfectly. It does exactly what I want. Thank you so much for doing this. Very much appreciated.

1 Like

This is now available in EagleFiler 1.9.11.

1 Like