SaneBox and SpamSieve

Multiples Sanebox
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the supreme work with this script. I actually use more than one sanelater folder (sanelater, sanenews, etc) with more than one account (work, personal).
I’ve read the previous posts but I would like to know to add all these folders to the script or maybe all that begins with “sane”.

Would you help, if possible ?

Best wishes,

Mauro

Did you see this example for the script?

Hi,

Thanks for this info. Is there a script available for outlook as well or is it a case of setting up the @saneboxlater / Spamsieve Set Category script in Outlook rules?
Thanks for your help.

Currently, the SaneBox script is only for Apple Mail. I don’t see a good way to implement the functionality only by using Outlook rules.

I’m not sure I understand what the “account name” is. Can it be the email address? I don’t understand the account names “Tom”, “administrator”, and “support” in the examples above. Where are those coming from?

Thanks.

This is described in the script. The account name comes from the “Description” field in the Accounts tab of Mail’s preferences.

spam sieve not catching items in @sanelater
I have your script setup exactly as described in the forum, and the Apple Mail rule set up as described and in the top of the rules list. But the identified spam continues to show up in @sanelater. I can select all and Apply Rules, and everything gets moved correctly. It just doesn’t happen automatically. Is there something else I can try? Should it happen right away, or is there a delay built in?
Using Apple Mail 9.3, OS X 10.11.4.
screen shots attached

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 10.55.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 10.56.09 AM.png

If your mailbox is called “@sanelater” it should be spelled that way in the script. The script runs automatically when Mail receives a new message in the inbox. You can run the script manually from Script Editor to test it. You can also enable the debug logging in the script to see what it’s doing.

Just export the script as a runnable program like this in Script editor:
Archive - Export
Choose Application in dropdown list
Check Stay Open after…
Export to: Library/Application Scripts/com.apple.mail/

You have to run this script after mail has started.
The script will parse the specified folders at startup, and then every 5 minutes.
I am new to this to, so I am trying to figure out how to autostart the script when mail starts.

The advantage to this approach is that filtering will happen automatically on a schedule rather than automatically when you receive new messages in the inbox.

You can set it as a Login Item in System Preferences. Then it will always do the automatic filtering if Mail is running.

Thank you Michael - it worked as expected.
I have gone into another approach though - paused Sanebox and testing with MailTags instead.
Nothing wrong with Sanebox, but maybe MailTags are better suited for me. Time will show.
Presume MailTags don’t belong in this thread.

Thanks again for you help.

Jan

Change Name of Spam Mailbox

How do I change the name of the spam mailbox? I use one universal spam mailbox saved in one of my email accounts (named NetworkSieve). The script seems to put messages in the Spam folder local to the email account. I tried changing the name of the spam folder at the top of the script, but I am getting an error message that the folder can’t be found. Thanks for your help.

The pSpamMailboxName at the top of the script lets you specify a different spam mailbox name within the same server account or within “On My Mac” (if the current account doesn’t have a mailbox with that name). There is no mechanism to specify that the spam mailbox is on a different server account.

Thanks. If I use automated actions to sweep the spam from the various spam folders to my central folder, will it hurt SpamSieve’s ability to learn? I wouldn’t think so since SpamSieve sent it to the original spam folder in the first place, but I want to be sure.

No. Just make sure that if there are any good messages in the Spam mailboxes that they get trained as good.

A post was split to a new topic: Outlook and SaneBox