Train as Spam and as Good key commands not working in Sonoma

Hi Michael

I’m a long-time user of SpamSieve and just upgraded this morning to Sonoma.

The key commands for Train as Spam and Train as Good do not appear to work at all. If I press them I get no error sound, but nothing happens in either case.

If I select them manually from the Menulet or in SpamSieve, they work.

I enabled advanced logging but do not see any indication in the log that the key commands are being recognized.

Are you able to point me in the right direction to resolve this as I use both those commands extensively?

Thanks.

Which keys are you pressing?

Which logging are you referring to?

If you choose Help ‣ Open Error Log does it say anything about hotkeys, particularly when you launch SpamSieve or switch to Apple Mail?

Hi Michael

Thanks for the reply.

Here are the last few entries in the error log:

2024-03-25 16:20:49.831 [com.c-command.SpamSieve] No mailbox ID found so using AppleScript to find unread: Xchangeuk ‣ INBOX
2024-03-25 16:21:19.825 [com.c-command.SpamSieve] No mailbox ID found so using AppleScript to find unread: Xchangeuk ‣ INBOX
2024-03-25 16:21:51.808 [com.c-command.SpamSieve] No mailbox ID found so using AppleScript to find unread: Xchangeuk ‣ INBOX
2024-03-25 16:22:10.704 [com.c-command.SpamSieve] [LogHotKeys] Unregistering hot keys because no mail client is frontmost: com.c-command.SpamSieve
2024-03-25 16:22:15.626 [com.c-command.SpamSieve] [LogHotKeys] Unregistering hot keys because no mail client is frontmost: com.apple.Console
2024-03-25 16:22:21.819 [com.c-command.SpamSieve] No mailbox ID found so using AppleScript to find unread: Xchangeuk ‣ INBOX
2024-03-25 16:22:51.822 [com.c-command.SpamSieve] No mailbox ID found so using AppleScript to find unread: Xchangeuk ‣ INBOX
2024-03-25 16:23:15.256 [com.c-command.SpamSieve] [LogHotKeys] Registering hot keys for Apple Mail

As you can see it is unregistering and re-registering the hot keys, but they don’t do anything when depressed.

Also, is there any way to resolve the Xchangeuk INBOX issue? That error repeats over and over in the log.

Regards,

William Buckingham

That part looks normal, and it doesn’t seem to be reporting any errors registering the hot keys. Which key combinations are you pressing?

Please contact me via e-mail and we can dig into what might be causing that error.

I’m using the standard keyboard commands, Control+Command+S for Train as Spam and Control+Command+G for Train as Good. I’ll contact you by email on the other issue.

Please click here to enable some extra debug logging and then use the Save Diagnostic Report command in the Help menu and send me the report file, as described here, and I can look into this hotkeys issue, too.