Protonmail & SpamSieve

No, there WAS no filtering.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 9.37.07 AM.png

The filtering that Proton uses, which I’m assuming is their spam system, is different than the one I get to use. But what I CAN do, is set up a filter (or filters) to run everything to the Inbox, which I’m assuming will show up domestically as all Inbox.

Cheers
beerich

Yes, if you can make your own filter in Protonmail that overrides their server junk filter that would be the simplest solution.

I will contact them to see if this is the case, if that filter is pre-spam.

Cheers
beerich

I just got this reply:

If you would like for messages to ignore the Spam filtering, you can disable the Spam filte.

The only way to disable your Spam filter is by using Sieve filters: https://proton.me/support/sieve-advanced-custom-filters.

You can add the following SIEVE filter in order to ignore the spam filter completely.

In order to access this feature please follow these steps:

-Login to Proton Mail with your browser

-Go to Settings

-Navigate to Filters

-Click the “Add sieve filter” button

-Replace the existing code in the Sieve Script text box with the following:

require “fileinto”;

fileinto “Inbox”;

This is what I should turn off their spam then?

Cheers
beerich

Yes.

Their instructions didn’t work (error) so I’m contacting them.

Cheers
beerich

OK, seems I got everything in working order. Best bet is to provide a Sieve Filter that puts everything into the Inbox, then have SS deal with it at the client.

Glad you got it working. What did you end up doing that was different from the instructions quoted above?

Well, through all this I realized Proton was doing some spam work and just wanted to get them to stop and hand over the work to my client here. I have SS working on my domains and Gmail as well. The corpus and training is best used as opposed to a young system Proton might provide, and they still have unread messages distracting me.

All seems good at the moment.

Cheers
beerich

Yes, I was asking how you did that because you said they sent you instructions that didn’t work.

Yeah I think there was a bit of a lag on the way their Sieve Filters work. In any case, it seems to be working now. I’m keeping an eye on it while juggling all kinds of other stuff. Everything seems quiet and organized now.

In your Settings for Protonmail, create a Sieve Filter. Comment everything out using # and below, enter this:

require "fileinto";

fileinto "Inbox";

All of your mail will go to the Inbox and SpamSieve will do the rest as trained.

1 Like