SpamSieve Public Beta and macOS 12 Monterey

The current public beta version of SpamSieve is compatible with Apple Mail on the beta version of macOS 12. You can sign up below to be notified when new beta versions are available and download them from within the app.

The beta release notes are available in the Software Update window and also in the “Version History” section of the manual (in the Help menu).

We do not recommend using a macOS beta on your main Mac, as there may be bugs that we have not had time to, or cannot, work around. With that said, we do welcome bug reports so that we can investigate any bugs and report them to Apple or try to develop workarounds. Please submit any feedback or bug reports via e-mail, rather than posting here.

Thanks

SpamSieve 2.9.44b2 is now available and works with macOS 12 Developer Beta 1.

Michael, Thanks, I wasn’t worried. Every year your team usually comes up with a solution within 72 hours of release

this time, my implementation took a couple tries before the update took, but it seems OK now

RAW

Thanks Michael - as per your advice I had to additionally delete the bundles folder. I restarted to make sure, enabled the plugin again and all is now back to normal.

Hi Michael,

Beta 2 seems to have introduced some new issues.

With Spamsieve enabled I get the following messages when starting Mail:

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 11.21.25

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 11.21.33

After dismissing them Mail does launch and items are being move the the SpamSieve Spam folder as expected, i.e. only spam, all good messages are remaining in the inbox.

In Monterey Developer Beta 2, Apple made breaking changes the API without updating the compatibility UUID. So Mail is loading the plug-in even though it doesn’t work. You should uncheck the SpamSieve rule in Mail’s preferences until there’s a new beta with an updated plug-in.

Thanks Michael. Will do that and wait for your update.

SpamSieve 2.9.44b3 is now available and works with macOS 12 Developer Beta 2.

1 Like

SpamSieve 2.9.44 has been released, so a beta version is no longer necessary for compatibility with macOS 12.

Hi Michael…Spamsieve 2.9.45b2 seems to have an issue with macOS Monterey DP6…

.Incompatible Plug-ins Disabled
Mail has disabled the following plug-ins:
SpamSieve.mailbundle
Contact the makers of these plug-ins for versions that are compatible with Mail 15.0.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the report. I’m working on an update for the new Monterey beta 6.

here 2.9.45b2 worked with the previous beta, but now with the beta 6 of Monterey installed yesterday (August, 31).

Keep up the good work, thanks :slight_smile:

SpamSieve 2.9.45b3 is now available and should work with Monterey beta 6.

Thanks, Michael :blush::+1:

thanks a lot!
2.9.45b3 went on like a charm in Monterey beta 6.
Again ok.

Salvo

1 Like

Hi Michael…Spamsieve 2.9.46b1 not working with Monterey Beta 9
Thanks in advance :blush::v:

Please try the new SpamSieve 2.9.46b2.

Is there any reason that we should be installing these updates on an almost daily basis? I am running 2.9.46 on Big Sur 11.6.